Friday, October 14, 2011

Nag ta trabaho, Para Maka Pag aral, Para Makapag Trabaho...

It has been 4 years since I have decided to drop my studies and chose to work. At the age of 18, I took over my parent’s responsibilities of providing for the family. Imbes na matuwa ung iba, many would rather say that it would have been better if I still tried to take few units while still working. Gusto kong tumambling at sabihing, kayo kaya lumugar sa schedule ko…PFFT!!!!!!

Well, to those who don’t know, I DID! I did tried to take, not just few, but a full load of accounting (1st and 2nd year students are supposed to take full loads of pre requisite subjects). EPIC FAIL nga lang... harhar!

Now, most of my classmates and batchmates have already graduated. A part of me is asking, what could have been, what might have been if I did not took control of the situation, and take things my way (Feeling ko kasi nun, pag di ako nag work, walang mangyayari. nainip na akong matauhan ung tatay ko-depressed kasi sya nun)

And even, I sometimes feel bitter and sorry for myself, I don’t regret my actions. There was even a point where I consider the diploma, just a piece of paper, na for formality sake, eh kailangang isampal sa mukha ng employers mo, para masabing qualified ka sa trabaho. Dumagdag pa ung fact na, I earn more than a usual college degree holder…(hindi sa nag mamayabang…)

Pero, iba pa rin kasi ung nag aral… and most importantly, nakatapos. masarap ilagay sa profile sa facebook at linkedin. masarap ilagay in bold letters sa resumes, at higit sa lahat, masarap idisplay ang grad pic na nasobrahan sa edit sa may sala ng bahay, for everyone to see.

Kidding aside, I really value education. Though, I honestly believe that a college degree can never assure you of a good career.  A college diploma may increase the odd of you getting hired but it will never ensure you of a successful career or a better future. Passion for what you do, hard work and integrity are just few of many other things that may lead you to success even when you don’t have a college diploma. Most of the people I knew, including those who came from prominent universities are underemployed…meaning, most of them are employed but not in a job any way related to their course, skills, or expertise.



Anung point ko? Wala. joke. hahah! I still plan to go back to school. And like most us, ako ay nagta trabaho, para maka pag aral (kelan naman kaya?), para maka pag trabaho! :)


In few days, I will share to you my dear readers some tips on how to earn money by utilizing and maximizing your skills. ABANGAN! ....

No comments:

Post a Comment