Friday, March 8, 2013

Melman and Gloria

Some months ago, we were watching Madagascar 3... then this scene was flashed. For those who don't know the movie, this was the part where the animals, in desperate attempts to go back to the zoo where they came from, they pretended to be circus performers so they can join the traveling circus crew back to New York.

Then this scene... I remember it clearly... The giraffe (Melman) was trying his best to dance on wires. And when he was about to fall, a hippopotamus (Gloria) climbed up and offered her hand. And taught him how to dance, and not to fall off the high wires.

Melman: I can't dance! 
Gloria: Maybe that's because you've never tried it before. 
Melman: I *have* tried it! I practice in private because you're so good at it... 
Gloria: You practice? For me? 
Melman: Yeah, but... It's no use! I never know what to do with my arms. 
Gloria: That's the easy part. 
[wraps Melman's arms around her neck] 
Gloria: You just put your arms around your partner. 

Gloria: It's just like dancing; two steps forward, one step back... 





(*Unfortunately, I can't get an English clip)

Hindi ako nag re react nun... I was just enjoying the movie... when all of a sudden, you looked at me, and hugged me... With all your smiles, sabi mo, "Tayo yan oh? Ikaw yung Hippopotamus...  literally... tas ako yung giraffe.... Tinuturuan mo akong sumayaw sa wires... at hinahawakan ako para hindi mahulog?"

And that day, I was so so happy... Regardless if you just compared me to a hippopotamus. I even concluded... maski man ako, hindi marunong tumulay sa wires, pero I would cross that thin line just to be there for you... Kung babagsak ka, kasama mo ako...


Haaayy.... seriously in tears... 



I will always be your hippopotamus... iloveyou ;) 







3 comments:

  1. Alligator Bear Cow Dolphin Elephant Frog Giraffe Horse Iguana Jaguar Kangaroo Lion Monkey Newt Owl Pig Quail Rhinoceros Sheep
    Tiger Unicorn Vulture Walrus Xerus Yak Zebra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alligator Bear Cow Dolphin Elephant Frog Giraffe Horse Iguana Jaguar Kangaroo Lion Monkey Newt Owl Pig Quail Rhinoceros Sheep
      Tiger Unicorn Vulture Walrus Xerus Yak Zebra

      Delete